#NationalCakeDay – Birthday Cake Energy Bites!
Healthy Birthday Cake Energy Bites
- ¼ cup rolled oats*
- ¼ cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 5 medjool dates (make sure they’re soft!)
- ½ tablespoon nut/seed butter of choice (I obviously used sunflower seed butter)
- 1 teaspoon milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: Rainbow sprinkles, white chocolate
- In a food processor, pulse oats and pepitas until flour-like consistency forms. Remove from processor and set aside in a small bowl.
- Process dates, nut/seed butter, milk and vanilla extract until a paste-like consistency forms.
- Slowly add in the oat/pepita mixture until combined. You may need to continuously scrape down the side of the bowl so all ingredients are well combined. The mixture will be sticky.
- Remove from the food processor bowl and add 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles, if desired. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on wax paper. Optional: Drizzle melted white chocolate over the top and let harden. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
*Note: If you wanted to add some protein powder that should work, just cut back on the amount of oats by 1 tablespoon. I have not tried it, however!
Serving size: 1 ball Calories: 120 Fiber: 2.5 Protein: 3.3
And just like that you have birthday cake in the shape of a ball!
Recipe Credit: C it Nutritionally