#NationalFrenchToastDay – Raspberry Ricotta French Toast
Raspberry-Ricotta French Toast
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 large omega-3–enriched egg
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 slice multigrain bread
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Mash 1⁄4 cup of the raspberries with 1⁄2 teaspoon of the honey in a small bowl with a fork. Add the ricotta and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with canola oil cooking spray and place it over medium heat.
- Beat the egg, milk, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Dip the bread in the egg mixture and flip to coat both sides.
- Transfer the bread to the skillet and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the egg is lightly browned.
- Top it with the reserved ricotta mixture, and sprinkle on the pecans and 1⁄4 cup of the remaining raspberries. Drizzle with the remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon of honey and garnish with additional cinnamon, if desired. Serve with the remaining 1⁄2 cup of raspberries on the side.
Recipe Credit: Excerpted from the book Slim Calm Sexy Diet by WH nutrition expert, Keri Glassman.