#NationalShortbreadDay – Healthy Shortbread Cookies
Love at first bite! These buttery Shortbread Cookies are so delicious, you’d never know they are sugar free, gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!
HEALTHY SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Fat per serving: 9g
Calories per serving: 130
- 180g (1½ cups) Oat Flour
- 96g (½ cup) Granulated Erythritol
- 1 tsp Double-Acting Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 112g (½ cup) Coconut Oil, melted
- 60g (¼ cup) Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Natural Butter Flavor
- 1 tsp Stevia Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oat flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer bowl with beater attachment, add the coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, butter flavor, and stevia extract. Mix on low speed until completely mixed.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the stand mixer and mix until completely mixed. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll ⅓ of the dough in between two silicone baking sheets until ~⅛” thick. Use a 2″ circle cookie cutter to punch circles into the dough. Peel away the dough surrounding the circle shapes, putting the dough back into the stand mixer bowl, and transfer the silicone sheet with the circles onto a cookie tray.
- Bake for ~12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges. Carefully transfer the silicone sheet onto your counter or a wire cooling rack to cool completely (the cookies will be soft out of the oven, but will firm up as they cool). Keep re-rolling the dough and baking until all the dough is used up.
To store, keep cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Recipe Credit: Desserts with Benefits