#WednesdayWorkout – The Pelvic Floor
The Pelvic Floor
Your pelvic floor is THE base of function for your body. These muscles are important as a stable base for pelvic organs, and helps improve urinary incontinence and low back pain. Try this exercise – ideal for post pregnancy – to help strengthen pelvic floor stability!
1. Lay on your back with your arms in a locked positon above your head
2. Pull the band down to your sides as you begin to squeeze your core
3. Focus on the muscles that sit between your hip bones — hold the arms down for a deep breath, and release the arms back up.
1. Once you are comfortable with pulling the arms down to your side and breathing, add a march!
2. Pull the arms down to your side squeezing your muscles and one knee at a time comes up into a marching position, SLOWLY lower that leg back down and switch to the other leg.
TIP: try to keep the hips from rocking back and forth as you lift and lower your legs