#NationalChocolateCakeDay – Chocolate & Coconut Mug Cake
Chocolate & Coconut Mug Cake
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 2 heaping tbsp almond flour (16 g / 0.6 oz)
- 2 tbsp shredded, unsweetened coconut (12 g/ 0.4 oz)
- 1 tbsp raw cocoa powder, unsweetened (5 g / 0.2 oz)
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp of a healthy low-carb sweetener
- 1 large egg, free-range or organic
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil or butter, melted
- 3-5 drops liquid stevia
- Optional: 2 tbsp whipped cream, coconut milk or sour cream
- Place all the dry ingredients in a mug or a ramekin and combine well (or use the ingredients based on allergy preferences).
- Add the egg, coconut oil and stevia and mix well using a fork. Microwave on high for 70-90 seconds.
For egg-free: Add coconut milk instead of the egg.
- When done, you can optionally top the mug cake with whipped cream, sour cream or creamed coconut milk.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Martina Slajerova