This simple, yet effective hip stretch, will help ease tightness and discomfort to increase mobility. Ideal for dancers and goalies, add this exercise to your warm-up routine!
1. Start with your left foot pointed forward and planted into the ground. Right foot will be on a box or step with the foot pointing forward. Standing tall with your legs straight, arms will be straight out to either side of you, and your hips pointing forward.
2. Rotate your arms so that your torso turns and faces the wall (like you are giving it a hug). As you do that, point your hips straight so that they are facing the direction of your left foot, and rotate your right foot on the box so it is also facing the same direction of your left foot.
3. From this position, bend your knees, keeping your hips back and only go as far as you can that is comfortable.
4. Slowly come up from that position, rotate the arms and legs back to the starting position and repeat.
5. Then switch so the right foot is forward and planted into the ground, and the left foot is on the box.